post and reply delay?

Constructive Criticism Welcome Here
H___

post and reply delay?

Post by H___ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Last night I registered and posted a quick reply to a post just to try the system out. The reply was placed around 1:30 am and was not posted until approved by "moderator or administrator" until 9:18 pm. I'm new to this this kind of webpage and I know there will be growing pains for our club's new form of communication, but I wonder if there will always be this kind of delay due to a pending approval? I do see an icon with each comment so that anyone can report what they deem inappropriate to the "moderator or administrator". To me, that means comments could go through immediately and then moderated if reported. It's going to be hard to communicate quickly if replies are always delayed. Thoughts?

By the way, it looks like this was posted immediately. Like I said, I'm new to this.

ken

Re: post and reply delay?

Post by ken » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:17 am

I happened to log in and was able to approve those replies last night. We were looking at having areas like official club rides being a little more restrictive than others areas, such as being limited to designated ride leaders. There are lots of settings/controls available for each forum and there are still adjustments to be made.

Also, when you select a forum, there is an option at the bottom of the page to subscribe. If you select that option, emails for new topics/posts by other people will be sent to you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 pm

There may be a delay in initial posts as you get registered. There is no intention for posts to have to go through a moderator. We are still in the initial stages of configuring the blog settings and most of them are simply set to defaults at the moment.

Please bear with us as we get the kinks ironed out. There are many advantages to this system including subscribing to forums you are interested in so you can be notified when new posts are made to that forum. We are only scratching the surface!

Also, with respect to Shaun's post about wanting an area to post pictures there is a Multi-media section on the homepage (I'll be putting up a link on the forum page to allow us to return to the homepage easily from the forum soon). I'm looking forward to member pics and will be rotating the header image on the homepage and the forum as we start to get some new pics in.

Thanks for your patience as we get this new site up and running!
Scott
MBM Prez 2014

H___

Post by H___ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks guys for the info and for all the work to get this site running!
Now if you could just do something about the temperature!

Chief

Post by Chief » Tue May 13, 2014 2:14 pm

I wanted to post on the dirt fest and could not find away to post :oops: :cry: