Yellow Trail

If you have an idea for a trail project post it here
mbmprez2014

Yellow Trail

Post by mbmprez2014 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 pm

After reading Larry's excellent "Top 10" Trail Mistakes to avoid post I thought immediately of Yellow Trail. There is at least one super steep section which is eroding badly and it wouldn't be hard to re-route the trail and the result would probably even be more fun than what is currently there. Descending Yellow Trail on Sunday I transitioned onto that steep descent, momentarily lost traction and almost met a tree head on. Only my spectacular reflexes and bike handling skill (I keep telling myself this :D ) saved me from a big wreck. The deep erosion rut there certainly played a part in my losing control.

So I nominate Yellow Trail for some re-work.

Scott

BigE

Re: Yellow Trail

Post by BigE » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:05 am

Hi Scott,

That be great for the club if we could do reroute on yellow trail. The big question:

Will DCNR be in favor of the work? Alot of trails are old logging trails and DCNR says to use them when we build trails in existing areas. Main reason why some trails wash alot is my point.

I made comment to the Cumber valley AT trail builder master to reroute Pole steeple trail instead of rebuilding the log drops and he said that what DCNR wants (meaning no new cutting trails).

Does yellow trail get used alot by horses? May be the biggest question for trying to get DCNR for your idea how the section should flow. For some reason it hard to get dcnr in michaux forest to change existing trail like other forest management areas.

Just my 2 cents.

bigE